URBAN ART. Actions, Installations, objects, sculptures with Ribbons
Entire artistic production of Marzena Turek revolves around the concept of painting. With her work,the artist invites the viewer into a visual relationship that, is also tactile, experiential, and introduces a participative dimension into the pictorial process.
- 2005 – Marzena Turek – Gas creates sculpture in the old factory. When she saw the shapes of machines, covered her with a white transparent fabric and wrapped it with a colored ribbons.
- 2007 – Actions, Installations, objects, sculptures with Ribbons
- 2007 – MMS/7 Making White / Making Color / Air Beds, Fabs Gallery, Warsaw, PL
- 2007 – Marzena Turek Gas, Document/Action, 12 Gallery, Warsaw’s Night of Museums
- 2007 – Chilli Blood / installation in the red corridor with wind in Warsaw’s Piksel Gallery
- 2008 – Marzena Turek Gas / Chilli Blood, Fresh, SPTL 30/32, Atelier 12, Night of the Museums, Warsaw
- 2008 – installation Chilli Blood, SPTL 30/32, Atelier 12, Night of the Museums, Warsaw, PL
- 2009 – Actions Making Colours / Ribbons, Długa street in Gdańsk
- 2009 – Sweet in Art; work: Making Color / Go Orange! Go Red!; Art. Gallery, Legnica
- 2009 – United Stars / Making Colour, Hawerkamp Festival, Muenster, DE
- 2010 – Making Colours / Ribbons, X Art Meeting, Street Art, action in The Castle Park, Pszczyna
- 2010 – Aspects 2010, exhibition with ribbins in Rondo Gallery, Lodz
Painting primarily affects non-verbal areas and therein lies its strength. It may be powerful, strong and sensitive at the same time. An important element of my work is interdisciplinarity, which enables me to build and expand the space of painting with various media from 2D to 3D. I try to approach each problem differently. This is the easiest way to discover the hidden opportunities and new ideas. In addition to traditional techniques I use materials such as fabric ribbons, wind, wadding, snow, powder paint, styrofoam, pins, sun, ice.